Hair and Beauty brands set for recognition at PRECIOUS Hair & Beauty Awards powered by Premae
Entrepreneurial women of colour excelling in the hair and beauty arena are invited to enter the inaugural PRECIOUS Hair and Awards (PRECIOUSHABA), powered by PREMAE.
The awards have launched to provide a platform for women of colour who have launched beauty products and services from their kitchen tables or tablets, often while juggling other roles, yet have managed to grow innovative and successful brands.
The awards will focus on five categories: Best Haircare Brand, Best Makeup Colour Cosmetics Brand, Best Skincare (Face and/or body brand), Best Online Innovation brand (comprising of online retailers stocking multi-brands, apps or Beauty Box companies) and the People’s Choice Best Beauty/Hair Blogger Award – with an open voting system via Precious Facebook.
The initiative is the result of collaboration between the PRECIOUS Awards, which celebrates women of colour in business and leadership and Dr Clare Anyiam-Osigwe BEM, founder of the multiple award winning beauty brand PREMAE and the PRECIOUS Entrepreneur of the Year 2012.
PRECIOUS Awards founder, Foluke Akinlose MBE, said; “I am so excited to have this new opportunity to shine a light on the array of entrepreneurial l talent providing fresh and exciting beauty solutions for women in the UK. I am so delighted to be celebrating the range of diversity of modern British beauty products on offer. I believe that collaboration is a key for entrepreneurs and it’s an added delight to be working with former PRECIOUS Award winner, Dr Clare, to bring this innovative imitative to light.”
Directing #PreciousHABA, Dr Clare said “There are so many haircare, skincare, makeup and online retailers being created by a new generation of women of colour through the accessibility of STEM for mass consumers. Many of these brands will not successfully obtain the shelf space in a high street retailer because they will be deemed too ‘niche’. They may not be able to compete for awards within other awarding bodies as the judging panellists may not see the products as worthy, useable or relevant. These awards are set to change that offering a stepping stone to boosting brand credibility which will increase revenue and attract the retail buyers attention.”
Judges for the awards include Precious Entrepreneur of the year 2016 Florence Adepoju, Founder of MDM Flow, the Cosmetic Scientist who launched her global beauty brand from her garden shed, trichologist and salon owner Latenda Kalimba and YouTube star Lizzie Loves.
The shortlist will be announced May at a Precious Networking event at Wah London, Soho followed by the official awards ceremony drinks reception on Thursday 8th June at Virgin Money, plus goodie bag sponsorship by Tress Free.
Entries are now open and can be made at: www.preciousawards.com/haba
For press enquiries: contact | Michael Oluborode: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Foluke Akinlose MBE founded the PRECIOUS Awards in 2007 to celebrate the achievements of women of colour in business and leadership. www.preciousawards.com @precious_awards
- Dr Clare Anyiam-Osigwe BEM founded Premae cosmetics Dec 2011 to support people with hypersensitive skin using Vegan, Allergy-friendly ingredients. www.premaeskincare.com @premaeskincare
- Florence Adepoju founded MDM Flow in 2013 to bring hip hop inspired high-end beauty tools to mega babes. www.mdmflow.com @mdmflow
- Latenda Kalimba does big names! With over 20 years in hair, Latenda is a credible trichologist expert. www.latendahair.co.uk/ @latendahairsalon
- Lizzie loves graduated from LSE with a Sociology degree to grow her Youtube following to 95k in 12 months! A connoisseur of hair and beauty, she in the know about the hottest products. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIu9NYjKtfJCn8ZhwSNA_og @Lizzieloves_x
- Tress Free founded by Princess Onitilo to offer the UK’s first Afro Carribean beauty and beauty booking website with directory. www.tressfree.com @tressfree